Coconut Pecan Banana Muffins

This was a coconut pecan banana muffin.

"Two well-ripen bananas became muffins"is a story that is often heard in our house. There is just one banana story, too. This time was a two-bananas story. Again, I used palm sugar. So the muffins were refined sugar-free! I wanted to add some kinds of textures in the muffins. I mixed a handful of toasted unsweeten large coconut flakes and pecans in the dough.
And some coconuts on top. In terms of fat, I almost used coconut oil, but changed my mind. Just 4 tablespoons of melted butter for a dozen of muffins won't be too harmful. Instead, we would appreciate the pure butter yummy flavor.
When I tasted a still-nicely-warm-muffin, it was light, nutty, slightly sweet, so delightful but I thought the large coconut flake topping was actually a little bit too crunchy. But on Day two, the coconut flakes got slightly soften by moisture from muffins. On Day three, I toasted the muffins. They were still good! There was no Day four.

Popular Posts