Kabocha Pumpkin Cheesecake

This was Kabocha Pumpkin Cheesecake.

I still had some fresh Kabocha in the freezer. I could have made Kabocha pound cake but preferred something different this time. There was half a box of cream cheese. Pumpkin cheesecake! I made up a recipe based on what I had in hand. My version was light airy souffle-type cheesecake that is common in Japan. No biscuit crust. Less sugar. Just two eggs. A lot of pumpkin!
When I served the cake to J, he asked me if I mixed coconuts in. I said no. Then when I had a bite, I understood why he asked me such an interesting question. I didn't strain pumpkin after I soften pumpkin in microwave. I just mashed it with a fork so that we won't miss any pulp and fiber of pumpkin. Hence I expected the cheesecake won't be super smooth but may be a little bit of grainy. Well, the texture was just like cheesecake with coconut flakes, which wasn't actually too bad. On the other hand I added a good amount of rum in, but there was no trace of it. Strange. Anyway I liked the results. This was something unique that you don't see in the grocery store or bakery in my neighbors.

Popular Posts