Tortilla Cafe

This was take-out feast from Tortilla Cafe in Washington, DC.

Before I caught a train to DC, I checked restaurants that could provide decent take-out food for our dinner of the day. Around the capital hill was my targeted area for the search on yelp. Tortilla Cafe was the best candidate with many positive reviews. The Mexican and Salvadoran grill was featured by Food Network program. One of ladies at the cashier who were taking orders was the lady who was demonstrating chicken tamales and pork pupusas on the show. She was kind, the service was quick, the place was busy. I got chicken tamales, pork pupusas, seafood tacos and Carne Asada platter with black beans and fried plantain as sides. All foods traveled well and arrived home safely. At dinner time, I reheated them slightly and made a big assorted platter for us each.
In short everything was pretty good. I was glad J liked all too. Now we know where to eat around south of the capital hill.

Tortilla Cafe
210 7th St SE
Washington, DC 20003
Phone(202)547-5700
http://tortillacafe.com

Popular Posts