Smoked Lamb Curry & Okra Curry with Saffron Rice

This was smoked lamb curry and okra curry with saffron rice.

According to J's request, the leftover of our smoked lamb became curry. I followed a recipe of Rogan Josh - Kashmir red lamb curry that I made before. I knew the lamb curry would last a few days and only one curry dish with meat was a little too much meat for me. To let veggie join us, I made okra curry too, adapting my okra masala recipe with small spicy adjustments.
I removed the intense smoked outside of the lamb leg so that the curry wouldn't be too smoky. Both curries were fantastic and complemented each other. Saffron rice made the dish more sophisticated. It was my first attempt to make saffron rice, which was totally effortless. I added a pinch of saffron, one cardamon pod and a small cinnamon stick with Basmati rice in the rice cooker and push a button to start cooking. Done. Who can complain of repeating this gorgeous curry platter a couple of next days?

Popular Posts