Marcel's

We had a wonderful anniversary dinner at Marcel's in Washington, D.C.

It was our first time to dine at this place. There were four to seven courses to choose. According to our waiter, four is normal, five for hungry people, and six or seven for gastronomical challenging. We chose five. Their menu of French and Flemish cuisines offered wide varieties of dishes. It was a tough task to select five.

To toast, Rose champagne for J, Shirley temple for me. Cheers, Happy Anniversary!

Bread: French and Olive. Three flavored butter: black truffle, herbs, and paprika.

Amuse: lovely minty shrimp and watermelon.

1st course - Gratin of Mussels for me; Dover sole for J.

2nd course - Skate wing for me; Atlantic salmon with little escargots for J.

3rd course - Rockfish for me; elk sausage for J.

4th course - Bison for me; duck breast for J.

5th course (dessert) - Creme brûlée with strawberry for me; chocolate mousse for J. 

Finale was Petit four thoughtfully made. 
Everything was amazing. Each dish presented different experience and surprise. Service was smooth and sophisticated. The decor in the restaurant created calm retro atmosphere. I can't find any reason not to come back again. 

Marcel's
2401 Pennsylvania Ave.
NW, Washington DC 200037
Phone: (202) 296-1166
http://marcelsdc.com/

Popular Posts