Dim Sum at A&J

We had a lunch at A&J Restaurant in Rockville, MD with J's parents.

We ordered multiple dishes and shared them. Cucumber salad in hot garlic sauce was spicy (for me) and tasty. Bean curd skin with mustard greens and soy beans was wonderful, which was my favorite of the day.

Pan fried pork dumplings were just like Gyoza in Japan.

It was me who ordered a turnip (daikon) pastry. Actually it wasn't what I expected. But I liked this light savory vegetable pastry anyway. Surely I tasted daikon.

Chinese sesame biscuit with sliced beef. J thought it was a little dry and salty with less flavor.

This was spicy beef noodle soup with thick noodles. It was pretty spicy for me but not for J's family, but had a nice flavor.

I am not sure the name of this dish but a kind of noodle with clear soup with thick noodles. By the way their homemade noodles were springy chewy and nicely long, which teased us who were trying to pinch the noodles with a pair of thick slippery plastic chopsticks.

I guess this was minced pork on rice. We thought we didn't order it but somehow came to the table. So we tasted it. Why not? It was pretty good.
Overall we enjoyed this dim sum adventure. There were still a lot of foods on the menu we have't tried - steamed buns, wonton soup, cold thin noodles, breakfast specialty, etc. Let's go back there sometime in the future.

A&J Restaurant
1319 Rockvill Pike Ste C
Rockville, MD 20852
(301)251-7878
www.aj-restaurant.com

Popular Posts