Kofta b'siniyah & Saffron Rice with Cherries, Pistachio & Mixed Herbs

These were kofta b'siniyah and saffron rice with cherries, pistachio and mixed herbs.

It was the second time to make these kofta, following the recipe from one of our favorite cooking books, Jerusalem. The kofta that I made last time were in a "long, torpedo-like finger" shape as the picture of the cooking book shows. This time J asked me to make the kofta longer. I made them longer according to his request. Maybe because of the shape, I couldn't cook all kofta at once. I needed to cook them in two batches, which wasn't a big deal. The saffron rice was the side dish that we picked as a new recipe we haven't tried from the book. It was easy to make and tasted wonderful. I didn't have dried barberries, so I used dried Rainier cherries. In fact, I have never had or seen dried barberries. Our local Wegmans didn't have them. I will try to buy some via online for a future purpose while sweet and sour Rainier cherries were lovely in the rice.
It was another success of Jerusalem cooking book. What will be the next?

Popular Posts