Baguette Sandwiches from Fresh Baguette

These were baguette sandwiches from Fresh Baguette, a French bakery in Bethesda, MD.

It was my first visit to the bakery. They claim they are "the" authentic French bakery and their signature item is apparently baguette. Although they also had some pastries, I thought I should try their baguette at least. I bought two kinds of sandwiches: ham and salami. I wished they had roasted beef. There were tuna salad and smoked salmon, too, but I didn't pick them because of my long travel time in a hot sunny day. Both ham and salami sandwiches were pretty much basic. Both had cheese and salami had French pickles too. No tomato, lettuce, or any other condiments. I enjoyed the simplicity. Both meats were nice. Baguette was chewy and tasty. J seemed to like both sandwiches, too. I don't think I will travel to Bethesda only to pick up their bread or sandwiches while I don't mind of stopping by the bakery when I am around the area.

Popular Posts