Sautéed Lamb Chops with Anchovy, Capers & Olives & Orzo with Peas & Parsley Pesto

These were sautéed lamb chops with anchovy, capers and olives, served with orzo with peas and parsley pesto.

I adapted the recipe of "sautéed lamb chops with ramps, anchovy, capers and olives" from the New York Times. Ramps were the key ingredient, but I didn't find any at a local Wegmans store. I have never had ramps. When I saw some pictures of ramps online, I thought they looked like the weed my sister and I pulled out and played with at a little field near the house when we are little. The weed had a onion-like bulb and smelled like garlic and scallion. It just sounds like ramps... Anyway, in order to cover the absence of ramps, I added chopped white parts of a few scallions and increased garlic a bit. The recipe of orzo with peas and parsley pesto also came from the New York Times. To make 2 servings, I halved each ingredient although I didn't measure the ingredients precisely. I lightly roasted a garlic clove because I didn't like raw garlic, which is my usual procedure when I make any kinds of pesto. I used frozen baby peas instead of fresh peas for convenience's sake.
The result was wonderful! The lamb chops were tender and the sauce was very tasty. The orzo was simple but flavorful. Both complimented each other very well. The combination of lamb and green peas will work beautifully especially in springtime. Perhaps, I have already have a dinner idea for next year's Easter.

Popular Posts