Mint & Chai Tea Ice Cream

This was Mint and Chai Tea Ice Cream.

Our garden mint has been growing. That's the sign that we are going to make ice cream. Then, we always have a question, what flavor it would be? We did a brain storming session. The final output was Chai Tea! Of course, with mint. I have made chai tea with several spices, but never ice cream before. I adopted the recipe of Chai Ice Cream from Serious Eats for spice combination with small changes like reducing the amount of fresh ginger while I used my usual egg-free ice cream base recipe that calls for no white sugar but Agave syrup for ice cream part. For black tea, I chose Assam. The result was splendid! It was the ice cream version of rich Masala Chai. Vividly spiced. Mint disappeared in the spice clouds, though. We both liked our creation so much. It must be so hard to think about the next flavor after this super success.

Popular Posts