Chocolate Chunk Coconut Oatmeal Cookies

These were chocolate chunk coconut oatmeal cookies.

We have been enjoying shredded coconut that we made from a fresh coconut. So far we created toasted shredded coconut made from fresh coconut on homemade doughnuts and coconut layer cake with passion fruit, tangerine and lemon curd. There was still about a cup of the shredded coconut left in the refrigerator, and I wanted to finish them up while they were still fresh. These soft chewy cookies were the solution. I adapted a recipe of "Chewy Chocolate Chunk Coconut Oatmeal Cookies {made with coconut oil}" that I luckily found online, and made some changes. I reduced the amount of brown sugar, added baking powder, skipped almond milk, used 4oz of 70% dark chocolate, and mixed in dark rum. I liked the recipe because it called for coconut oil, not butter, which made the cookies wonderfully coconut-y! Moreover, because it called for 1 cup of shredded coconut. I used all of the home-shredded coconut leftover. My original mission has been completed.
The cookies were delightful. I often saw J's hand reaching one. The cookies quickly disappeared.

Popular Posts