Bostock from Bread Furst

This was Bostock from Bread Furst.

It was just a couple of weeks ago when Zingerman's newsletter and catalog introduced me Bostock - buttery brioche with orange syrup, topped with almond frangipane. It sounded something for me, an almond croissant lover. I studied Bostock a little bit. Saveur said "a crunchy, old-fashioned breakfast pastry, the happy offspring of French toast and an almond croissant." Definitely my thing! I don't know how Bostock, apparently with roots in Normandy, France, has been fallen off my radar. I wanted to try one from Zingerman but I have not had a great experience from their baked goods so far, so couldn't decide whether I should take a chance. I also considered finding a recipe and making my own Bostock, but wanted to taste one from a decent bakery. Meanwhile I made my first visit to Bread Furst, and unexpectedly they had Bostock! I didn't hesitate this time. I bought two slices of Bostock just in case J might want to try. That was a huge slice of brioche, sweet and almond-y with a hint of orange. Just like what Zingerman describes. I simply liked it. Well, J didn't. Too sweet for him. That's fine. All Bostock we get will be mine.

Popular Posts