Arcade Bar, Haggis & Whisky House in Edinburgh

This was J's wonderful haggis, an authentic haggis in Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland. One of my new year's resolutions are to create posts about our Edinburgh trip in last October before my memory fades. On our first day in Edinburgh, we headed to the Old Town after we checked in our hotel in the New Town.
Our destination was a restaurant called Arcade Bar, Haggis & Whisky. Tasting haggis was our (more like for J) to-do-in-Edinburgh list. We picked Arcade because their haggis has been very popular, so we could trust their authenticity.
It was a late lunch. We started with mushroom soup. Very tasty! It also made me feel warm and cozy. It was kinda chilly day.
Then, J had Robert Burn's famous haggis. It had three layers: mashed potatoes, turnip and of course, haggis. I think he ordered it without whisky sauce, but accidentally he got one with sauce. After all, that was no problem. He enjoyed the dish very much. I tasted a bit, too. It was like a very good meatloaf. First of all, the presentation - an elegant layered column as if it were a dish served at a French restaurant, surprised me.
I wasn't brave enough to order the whole haggis dish for myself. Instead, I had pork, stilton and asparagus sausages, served with mash, red wine jus and steamed veggies. The award-winning (I think, UK Sausage Week Awards 2017) sausages were great. The dish was very rich but so flavorful. I managed to finish it up. We did very well on our first step in Edinburgh! To be continued...

Popular Posts