Pinnies & Poppy Seeds' Scottish Shortbread

One of treats from Edinburgh was Scottish Shortbread that we bought at Pinnies & Poppy Seeds. Tasting authentic Scottish shortbread was on my wish list for this trip. Walkers products, which I saw at many gift shops for tourists, weren't my target, though. I wanted to find one made by a local bakery in Edinburgh that I wouldn't find anywhere else. Pinnies & Poppy Seeds is a small, artisan bakery and specializes in "creating delicious, handmade shortbread using the best local, Scottish ingredients." It met my criteria perfectly.
The shop smelled like sweet butter! There were five kinds of flavors - Dark Chocolate & Almond, Lavender, Caramelized White Chocolate, Cinnamon & Sugar, and Classic All Butter. We bought a dozen of shortbread biscuits, two or three pieces per flavor.
We traveled home with the box carefully and tried the biscuits with a cup of tea. They were so buttery! All flavors were fine, but my favorite was one with white chocolate.

Popular Posts