The Bluebird Cafe in Edinburgh

Our agenda for the second day in Edinburgh was to step aboard Her Majesty's Yacht Britannia, also known as the Royal Yacht Britannia. On our way to the Port of Leith, where the Queen's former floating royal residence was kept, we popped into a cute coffee shop called the Bluebird Cafe for breakfast. I had Tennessee buttermilk pancakes with raspberry and crème fraîche. I didn't know what part was "Tennessee" but that didn't matter. The pancakes were fluffy and delicious. J had a kind of breakfast burrito. I think he enjoyed it.
The menu was apparently American themed. I could guess that the owner must be a big live music fan from photos and tickets on the wall.
It was at least thirty minute walk to get the port from the breakfast spot. I used all my pancake power. The ship was pretty big!
The rooms for the royal family were actually pretty simple. I mean, they were decorated gracefully not flashy.

There was a bear.
There was another bear.
I was participating in the bear hunt. I counted bears from the beginning of the tour and submitted the result at the end. I guess that J was paying his attention at different aspects of the ship. Probably he didn't notice there were bears... We both enjoyed the ship after all.
I have't received a Captain Bear yet, which means that my counting was wrong or simply I wasn't chosen as a winner of the special bear. To be continued...

Popular Posts