The Ivy Harrogate

On a weekend of last fall, we had breakfast at The Ivy Harrogate, "an all-day restaurant with an all-encompassing menu serving modern British and international Ivy-inspired classics from dawn until dusk, seven days a week." I remember it was a chilly, misty, windy, miserable morning. I looked for a dish that would make me feel better. Aha! I found hot buttermilk pancakes - strawberries, raspberries and blackberries with Greek yoghurt, lemon balm and warm strawberry sauce.

Incredible. I could eat this pancake dish every morning. Seriously I mean it. J made a healthy choice  - crushed avocado, lime and coriander with sunflower, pumpkin, linseed, sesame and pomegranate on gluten-free dark caraway toast. Good for him!
The restaurant had a large dining space with art deco interior. Laster I learned that the restaurant was one of The Ivy Collection restaurants that were located around England, Scotland and Ireland. The original Ivy was opened in 1917 in London. I feel that I might have seen the logo at somewhere recently.

Even it's a chain restaurant, I would love to go back for the heaven pancakes.

Popular Posts