La Garrigue in Edinburgh

It was lunch time when we came back to the Old Town from the Royal Yacht Britannia. J had an idea about where to eat. He took me to a French bistro called La Garrigue. The interior of the bistro was simple but polished with minimum wooden decor in three colors: natural wood, white and purple.

I had marinated mackerel for the first dish and pan-seared hake (?) for the second. Both fish was well-prepared and very tasty. 
J's first dish was twice baked roquefort soufflĂ©, pear and walnut salad. His second was roasted rabbit leg, I think. I believe that he loved both dishes.

The food was wonderful and the place was quiet and cozy. We decided to order a dessert to share. I don't remember the name of the dessert. It was like a lemon curd and blueberry parfait. I remember it was a real treat.
The lunch was fantastic. Great choice, J! Thank you!
There was a rainbow again just at the outside of the restaurant. To be continued...

Popular Posts