Pork Bulgogi

This was Pork Bulgogi.

When I accidentally found a recipe of Bulgogi on a Japanese recipe site a few months ago, Cookpad, I thought that would be a new quick easy stir-fried dish that has some kind of meat, which would probably made J satisfied, and some veggies. Bulgogi is a Korean grilled meat dish, usually consists of grilled marinated beef, but I have seen a version of chicken, pork, squid, etc. I don't know how authentic the recipe is, but more than 1,400 people tried it and liked it. The recipe must be good enough. To make the dish, I needed Gochujang, "a savory, spicy, and pungent fermented Korean condiment made from red chili, glutinous rice, fermented soybeans, and salt" according to wiki. I bought a little jar of Gochujang at a Japanese grocery store in Bethesda some weeks ago. Then, I was ready to make Bulgogi!
Although the recipe called for thinly sliced beef, I used pork. I marinated pork about 6 hours, and cooked the pork and veggies together. I added green bell pepper to increase the ratio of veggies. Served with steamed rice, the sweet, spicy, savory dish was very good! No wonder thousands of people like the recipe. J also liked the dish! I wonder if he still likes Bulgogi if I make it with Tofu instead of any meat. I hope he does.

Popular Posts