Vegan Lemon Bars

These were vegan lemon bars.

My latest vegan dessert experience! He usually likes lemony sweets but is somewhat a skeptics towards vegan sweets. Would J love this or not? We'll find it out very soon. I adapted a recipe from creamy vegan lemon bars by minimalist baker. The filling was based on cashew nuts and coconut milk, like a vegan cheese cake filling. But unlike many vegan cheese cakes, this bar was not frozen but baked. I was supposed to bake it "for 20-23 minutes or until the edges look very slightly dry and the center appears “giggly” but not liquidy." After baked 20 minutes, my bar was solid, not giggly anymore. I must have over-baked! Oh-oh.
After chilled some hours, the bar was completely firm, not creamy like the pictures on the blog. Oh-oh.
The result was not too bad actually. It was still creamy. I really liked the crust made with oat meals and almond. The filling was ok. It wasn't bright lemony as I hoped, but tasted fine. At least for me. J said he liked it on the first day. He confessed it was chalky, with a negative tone. Oh-oh. However, on the third day, he finished his part up without a complain. When he really doesn't like something, he won't come back to it, so that was a positive sign. If I bake less and keep the bar much creamy and add more lemon zest and agave syrup to brighten its flavor more, is it possible that he grows his love to the bar? Maybe?

Popular Posts