Spaghetti Pie

This was my first spaghetti pie.

Who first created this unusual "pie" made with usual ingredients must be innovative. I recently knew such a pie exists thought two food blogs, smitten kitchen and David Lebovitz, that I have been a fan of. In fact both recipes of blogs were adapted from Cacio e Pepe Pasta Pie by Justin Chapple of Food & Wine, so they were based on the same recipe. It's called pie although there is no crust. Basically cheese gratin with pasta baked in the cake pan. I like pasta, cheese and gratin. J must like this dish. And, me too!
The recipe was very easy. I reduced all ingredients by 1/3 to bake the pie in 8" springform pan instead of 9".
Ta-da! Golden crispy cheesy top!
The bottom part was creamy cheesy!
This is how the cross section of spaghetti pie looks like. Spaghetti everywhere. Of course.
It was as simple as its ingredients, but the pie certainly brought us a new experience. We both liked it very much!

Popular Posts