Hamantaschen, again

These were Hamantaschen, again.

Last time didn't fully satisfy me. Many of them had a leakage problem and out of shape. This time I adopted a different recipe. It was from kitchn. The dough didn't have sour cream like the recipe I followed last time. It was basically simple buttery cookie dough. I didn't have orange, so I added lemon zest instead. I reduced sugar as usual. I used 2.5 inch diameter cookie cutter. It seemed I used 2 inch last time according to the picture, but I don't remember.
I used four kinds of jams - strawberry, raspberry, apricot and nectarine. All were INNA's!!
Ok, to keep cookies in a right triangle shape, I followed several tips that the recipe provided. Roll to the correct thickness (1/4 inch) evenly. Check. Don't fill jam too much. Check. Apply egg wash on the dough circle. Check. Pinch each corner Very well. Check. Apply egg wash outside of the triangles. Check. Freeze them for 15 minutes before baking. Check. All clear!
NOOOOOO! About a quarter became a pancake = disaster. Yet, another quarter was a sort of out of shape = not too bad. About a half was triangle = congratulations! I handled each one in the exact same way. I don't know what happened on those pancakes. Oh-well, overall I saw progress anyway. The cookies were tasty no matter how they looked. Another happy ending!  



Popular Posts