Coq au Vin, revisited

This was Coq au Vin.

There was a bottle of red wine that J opened, had two relatively small glasses of, I think and lost his interest in. The first "nice-red-wine-consuming" dish that came up to my mind was Coq au Vin. I am not a chicken fan, but remembered I enjoyed the dish very much when I made it. It was already two years ago! Time flies as always. I followed the recipe by Cook's Illustrated again. The recipe called for 1 full bottle of red wine. Mine (J's) was less, so I added a little more chicken stock to keep enough liquid to cook chicken.
I served Coq au Vin with simple mashed potato. The result was très délicieux! Less wine was no problem at all. The dish was full of delicious flavors. Creamy potato mixing with the yummy wine sauce was my favorite part!

Popular Posts