Sourdough Pitas with Homemade Baked Falafel

These were sourdough pitas with homemade baked falafel.

There were more sourdough pitas left, but not Heba's falafel. So, I made my own falafel! I have a baked falafel recipe that calls for canned chickpeas. This time I wanted to use dried chickpea, so I adopted a new recipe from kitchen. It's also for baked falafel! I simply would like to skip deep-fry. The recipe doesn't include egg for binding. Totally vegan!
I soaked dried chickpea overnight. I didn't use cilantro because I didn't have it. I increased the amount of parsley. I used only 2 tablespoons of flour. That was enough to shape little disks tightly.
Ta-da!
They tasted wonderful and made great pita sandwiches. They were somehow different from Heba's. I like both, but if I need to pick only one, it will be my homemade falafel, of course!

Popular Posts