Sourdough Chocolate Cake

This was sourdough chocolate cake.

It was one of recipes with sourdough starter by King Arther Flour. Although sourdough carrot cake didn't amuse J so much, perhaps chocolate cake might be a different story. The recipe is receiving a lot of good reviews, which was promising. I halved the recipe to use 8" x 8" pan instead of 9" x 13". First my bubbly fed starter was mixed with milk and flour and rest about 2.5 hours.
I replaced granulated sugar with coconut sugar as usual. Mix coconut sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla, salt, baking soda, and espresso coffee powder.
After combining the starter mixture with the cocoa mixture, the cake batter looked like a chocolate cake batter.
After baking, it looked like a chocolate cake.
The texture was ok, but honestly the taste wasn't impressive. Intensity of chocolate was missing; vegetable oil left unpleasant taste; and there was no noticeable effect brought by sourdough starter. At least the cake wasn't my taste. I think it wasn't J's favorite either. Oh well, I shall stick to bread in terms of sourdough starter.

Popular Posts