Bakers & Co.

We made our first trip to Bakers & Co., a new bakery in Annapolis, MD.

It was a cute, bright, clean, open space displaying their baked goods neatly. There were 4 or 5 tables in the store where it seems that local people enjoy their breakfast or coffee break. Two young men are handling orders. I don't know if they were bakers, but seem friendly to customers. It was before noon. All tables were taken. Some items, including ham and cheese croissants, has been sold. We managed to get two artichoke and goat cheese croissants, one blueberry scone, one apple and ginger scone, and a market bun, which looked like a cinnamon bun. After our purchase, there were only one of each scone left. Good timing! And there was only one hard bread loaf left. We got the one! We didn't know what kind of the bread was though. It looked like multi-grain hard bread.
The croissant was nicely flaky and buttery. I liked the filling. Herby and tasty. We usually get ham and cheese croissant from a French bakery, Bonaparte Breads in Savage Mill. It was a nice change. The scones were not sugary but flavorful. The market bun was good too. The hard bread loaf had a lovely flavor. It had a lot of air pockets inside which was a little challenge for me to make tuna and salmon salad sandwiches. Slices of cucumber was helpful to keep tuna and salmon salad from escaping from the air pockets. After all, we enjoyed the homemade sandwiches made with the loaf.
At the store, I didn't see any confectionery with fresh cream or sugar icing that requires refrigeration. I mean, no cup cakes with fancy cream decorations or such things. No sandwich or quiche kinda things either. I don't know that is the store's intention, but I like their focusing on rather rustic baking goods. I saw many yelpers' reviews praising their coffee. The bakery uses locally roasted beans. Maybe we will try a cup next time. I wish to have such a decent bakery in my town. I shall bake by myself until such a day comes.

Bakers & Co.
618 Chesapeake Avenue
Annapolis, MD 21403
www.bakersandco.com/

Popular Posts