Carlson's Donuts

These were donuts from Carlson's Donuts in Severn, MD.

We have known the place and must have passed by in front of it hundreds of times, but never been there. It always looked closed or out of business. So I wan't oblivious to the place until I happened to read good reviews about it on Yelp. Now I have found out the place is open only 5am to 11am. I see why it looked closed. According to the reviews, you need to be there earlier to get more variety of donuts. J kindly drove me there Saturday morning. It was around 7:30am. We weren't too late. In the little store, many donuts were covering their shelves and counters. No other customers at that time. The right timing! I was going to pick six different kinds of donuts. After I picked one Boston Cream, which is usually my favorite donut, I asked the casher what she would recommend. She immediately and strongly recommended "Potato," especially if I have't had before. I didn't ask why the particular donuts were called potato, but at least I confirmed they were not filled with potato. In fact, no filling at all, sugar-glazed, shaped like...a sort of potato. Honestly they didn't look fancy or special. Yet it was me who asked her recommendation; I felt I had to get a Potato. So I did. Then, I filled the rest of vacancies in my half a dozen box with coconut, lemon cream, raspberry jam and French cruller with chocolate graze. There were more flavors in the store. It was tough to pick just six. Anyway I did!
We shared Boston Cream and Potato first. Both were heavenly fluffy! Cream was light too. I could't stop having more. They were dangerous donuts indeed. I halved coconut and French cruller. Delightful... Every donuts was airy, tasted fresh and lightly yeasty, not greasy at all. We both agreed those were much better than national chains. Unfortunately it's not a good healthy idea to enjoy those donuts every weekend morning, but will do sometime in the future - if J doesn't mind getting up early for me and donuts.

Carlson's Donuts
7846 Telegraph Rd
Severn, MD 21144
(410)551-7592

Popular Posts