Spanish Themed Cheese Platter

These were a cheese platter featured by Zingerman's.

Zingerman's selected sliced Lomo - cured boneless pork loin, simply rubbed with sea salt, smoked Spanish Piemton de la Vera paprika and a bit of cocoa - from La Quercia; Artisanal Manchego from Spain; and Spanish fig and almond cake. The theme was Spain. Lomo didn't come from Spain. It was produced in IA, but its name Lomo, or tenderloin, is in Spanish. So I claim it still fits to the Spanish theme. These goodies were parts of the gifts from me to J. And I was sure I would be invited to J's cheese platter party.
For the special cheese platter, we got a baguette at a local French bakery. The best baguette we can get around here. Everything was wonderful. Lomo was delicate, fig cake was pure sweet, and Manchego's saltiness, fragrance and texture was enjoyable. A little gourmet snack time for me and J.

Popular Posts