Kimchi-Nabe & More

We were invited to our friends' house for lunch.

The menu was Kimchi-Nabe, Japanese pot dish with Kimchi. Spicy Kimchi-flavored vegetables, Tofu, seafood and meat were simmering in the electric pot. Nabe is a typical Japanese winter dish and good for family or a group of friends. Everyone sits around the simmering pot, or Nabe, and picks whatever he/she would like to eat up from the pot. Yes, we did so and had fun! Our friends' Kimchi-Nabe was tasty. Adding Kimchi in the Nabe pot was not a Japanese tradition obviously, but has become popular in Japan, I don't remember since when. I or my family have never made Kimchi-Nabe, and I believe it was J's first time of seeing Kimchi-Nabe. A new food experience is always welcome for us. 
Also, our friends served Mochi, or rice cakes. Mochi is my love. I can eat Mochi everyday. Seriously.
And more! Renkon (lotus root) dish, seaweed dish, and baked mackerel. As they looked, they were so delicious. J and I quickly cleaned up all of our dishes. Thanks so much, my friends!

Popular Posts