Meatball Sandwich on Homemade Italian Bread

This was meatball sandwich on homemade Italian bread.

We were only two of us. There were a lot of meatballs leftover from the day before. What to do was think about different means to appreciate our delicious meatballs. The answer was sandwich. I have made bread for meatball sandwich before, actually for meatless meatball sandwich. So I used the same recipe: Italian supermarket bread. The recipe makes two loaves. I made both with sesame this time. I tried to make the bread flat and wide as much as possible so that I could load meatballs as many as possible.
Beautiful! And packed with multiple meatballs with tomato sauce, fresh basil, and shredded low-moisture low-fat mozzarella cheese.
Then, covered the top bread part with aluminum foil to avoid from burning and broiled the sandwiches until the cheese melt. Beautiful! The sandwich was great. However, later J confessed the bread was too big. Oh-oh I failed!

Popular Posts