Fruit Rolled Cake

This was fruit rolled cake.

There are multiple reasons why I like rolled cake. I like light moist sponge cake. Yes, I admit I am a big fan of whipped cream. The combination of both is always incredible. It's good for a party because it looks pretty, it looks complicated (but actually not at all), relatively easy to make, easy to travel (if I don't decorate the outside), easy to cut and serve with less equipment and without technique, and easy to adjust for any number of the guests. I have been making Japanese green tea "Matcha" flavored rolled cake once a while, chocolate rolled cake with dulce de Leche and rummy whipped cream once, and..., oh how can I forget the cute Buche de Noel for the Christmas 2011! This time I rolled three kinds of fruit and whipped cream with simple yellow sponge cake.
I adapted a recipe by Rumi Kojima, a famous Japanese pastry chef. Fruits were out of season or not well-ripen; they were a little tart (at least for J). But with sweet cream, I liked the tartness actually.
It's tea time, J!

Popular Posts