Banana Bread with Chocolate-Cinnamon Top

This was Banana Bread with Chocolate-Cinnamon Top.

I had no idea how bananas are juicy! I had been interested in a recipe of Ultimate Banana Bread by Cooks Illustrated, which microwave bananas to ged rid of extra moisture that will make the bread soggy. After heating 4 minutes, three bananas produced a lot of liquid! Another interesting part of the recipe was cooking the banana juice into syrup and add to the bread dough to enhance the banana flavor. Although the recipe uses six bananas, I stole those methods for my three-banana bread. I also adapted some steps of the recipe from Cook's Illustrated's pumpkin bread. Instead of making cinnamon sugar topping that was lovely on pumpkin bread, I made cocoa-cinnamon sugar topping by replacing flour with cocoa powder. Who doesn't like chocolate and banana combination?
The bread turned out... just ok. Well, the texture was a little rubbery although it tasted banana a lot and the topping was nice. I will reconsider the ratio of each ingredient to improve the texture. Would I really like to cook banana again? Honestly I wan't sure how it did work. I will just skip the extra steps.

Popular Posts