Tijuana Tacos VI

These were Tacos from Tijuana Tacos IV in Glen Burnie, MD.

We had an errand in Glen Burnie and tried this Mexican restaurant for first time on our way back to home.  It looked like a small family operation. Two men and two ladies were in the checking counter/kitchen area. A few customers (or their friends or neighbors) were relaxing there, watching an old comedy program in Spanish (I guess) on TV. We placed take-out orders and got home with three food containers. J got three kinds of Tacos: beef tongue, chicken and chorizo, I think. Based on J's reaction, they seemed alright, but simple seasoning, nothing spectacular. I tried two Sopes with Carne Asada (grilled beef) and Al Pastor (marinated pork). This was the first Sopes in my life! They were like open tacos with thick tortillas. A mountain of toppings with running sour cream was a challenge for me to grab and bite one Sope without a mess. I wondered how people usually eat Sopes? Beef pieces included some unpleasant fat part while pork tasted nice. I wasn't a fan of sour cream and cheese toppings although I don't know if Sopes without sour scream are not real Sopes.
And we shared shrimp burrito. Somehow I had expected well-spiced (and grilled) shrimps would be inside. Sadly I was wrong. Burrito itself was fine, but the combination with shrimps was not so attractive.
In terms of menu and style, this place was similar to R&R Taqueria, I thought. Comparing one with the other, overall R&R Taqueria might be somehow better in terms of taste. We haven't visited R&R for a while, so my memory could be wrong. Anyway I still feel I haven't had a truly great authentic Mexican food experience yet. At somewhere someday, I hope!

Popular Posts