Venchi's Cuba Rhum Chocolate & Cubotto Chococaviar

These were Venchi's Cuba Rhum Chocolate and Cubotto Chococaviar.

I didn't know the Italian chocolate chop, established in 1878, until I saw their Cuba Rhum Chocolate on Zingerman's website. The website describes "the chocolate pops and cracks and the rum seeps through the flavor, down your throat like molten lava." I don't drink but I love chocolate with liquor. I thought J might be interested in the rummy chocolate too, so I decided to buy some for him (and myself) as a part of his Christmas gifts. Unlike Godiva, it's not easy to access to Venchi's chocolate in the US. While I was searching a reasonable supplier, I went to Venchi's official website and learned their other products. And I found a US supplier that sells several products of Venchi at acceptable price and bought three kinds of Venchi's, including of course the Cuba Rhum Chocolate! The Cuba Rhum Chocolate was very rummy! So strong that I felt intoxicated after eating one piece. The two kinds of Cubotto Chococaviar (75% and Creme Cacao) were good, but not special. Since I enjoyed this Italian chocolate experience, I would love to discover fine European chocolate brands that I have not known yet. There must be many candidates to be one of our favorites.

Popular Posts