Lunch Box

We had a lunch at a local Japanese restaurant.

I had a Shrimp Teriyaki box and J did a Salmon Teriyaki box. The lunch box included California rolls, white rice and "rock shrimp." I didn't know what the last item would be. It was Tempura-like deep-fried shrimp topped with spicy mayo. Oh-oh. Mayo on sushi was one of the things we would like to keep away from. Mayo + Sushi = NO. Sorry Shrimps, it wasn't your fault. Except that unfortunate, the box was ok. It may be a common style in the US, but I thought serving sushi roll and white rice was "interesting." Rice and rice in a lunch box. I don't complain about it actually. I have been grown up with rice and I like rice anyway.
The lunch box also came with salad or soup. I picked salad. So did J.
And my favorite yellowtail rolls and our favorite Octopus Nigiri sushi to share. No wonder why I was so full when I left the restaurant!

Popular Posts