Pumpkin Bread, again

This was pumpkin bread, again!

I wondered what a small plastic container in the freezer was. Oh, it was cooked pumpkin paste! When I made pumpkin bread a few months ago, I halved the Cook's Illustrated's recipe to make just one loaf, keeping the leftover pumpkin paste that was just enough to make another loaf in the freezer. Majority of the Christmas sweets have been gone. Why wouldn't I bake lovely-spiced pumpkin bread then?
I used pecan instead of walnut this time. Reduced brown sugar by half, skipped all white sugar but added a couple of table spoons of Splenda, just like the last time. Unlike last time, I had cream cheese in hand, so used in by following the recipe. For buttermilk, I used a mixture of one table spoon of low-fat yogurt and low-fat milk each. The result was moist like before but lighter than before. Maybe cream cheese effect? or I cooked the cooked pumpkin paste again so the paste had less moisture. Anyway, I liked the bread very much. I might prefer pecan to walnut actually. That was a good finding.
My favorite part was the cinnamon sugar topping. Splendid! Two slices of the pumpkin bread for breakfast was the highlight of the day!

Popular Posts